If you’ve been following me on Instagram, you’d know that I literally just came home from my month-long Europe adventure late last night (August 6th, 2017). What did I do today, my first day back? I sauntered to the Folklorama office, got my media passes one day into the festival, and already visited three pavilions! What is this “jetlag” that you speak of? 😉
In all seriousness, when you love exploring and learning about culture, you’re not bummed out to end your vacation abroad to appreciate and love the culture, hospitality, and talent of your city.
Judi Meets Folklorama!
As always, my goal is to visit every single pavilion for 2017, just like I managed to do in 2015. Last year, I had to go on a trip and also had to give up my shared passes as part of a collaboration. This year, I have my very own official pass for the blog. I’ve made my schedule, and it’s totally doable, even after losing Sunday of Week 1!
It’s going to be a hectic two weeks, but wish me luck!
- The largest and longest-running multicultural event of its kind.
- 2017 has 41 pavilions spread out in two weeks.
- Official Website can be found here.
- 2017 Travel Guide to all pavilions and other information can be downloaded here.
- Ticket options are as follows:
- Single Admission
- Kids 12 and under are free when accompanied by an adult)
- Vickar Automotive Group Fun Pack
- $54.00 for 12 tickets
- Greatest deal for families or those really looking to see as much as you can. With the math, that’s buy 9, get 3 free.
- These can be purchased directly at the pavilions.
- Mini Fun Pack
- $25.00 for 5 tickets
- Save $1 for each admission.
- VIP Tours
- $69.95 for 3 pavilions & $54.95 for 2 pavilions
- For most, includes transportation to the pavilions – you can choose from pre-made tours.
- Some are specifically cycle or walking tours!
- All tours allow you to bypass the line-up, get table service and reserved seating, and a guided cultural display tour among other benefits!
- Single Admission
Woo-hoo! Now it’s even more convenient to pre-purchase your tickets to Folklorama! You can now pre-purchase tickets online here. These are specific to certain pavilions and their showtimes. More details on the site.
When visiting, make sure to connect on social media with the hastag #MyFolklorama. Speaking of which, to check out my daily pavilion highlights, make sure to check out this post as links go live with updates.
See you around the world, Winnipeg!
Can’t wait to explore and share these cultures with you all.
Keep track of my schedule (subject to change) by following this post here: Meet My Folklorama 2017 Week 1 Adventure!