I’m making this anchor page to help you follow along with my adventures. Click below to find out where I stayed, what tours/activities I did, and meet the lovely folks I met along the way. You all know I love sharing my travel stories with you!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter and instantly get my Top Ten Travel Tips to help make your travel experience a smoother one!
I spent 1/3 of my trip in Metro Manila in order to revisit such a huge part of my identity – my hometown. Manila has a lot to offer, but for me, it’s always about reuniting with my family back home.
- Stay Connected
I recommend unlocking your phone before coming abroad (call you service provider to do this – there is a one-time fee). Purchase a pre-paid SIM Card with either SMART or GLOBE. I got 3-weeks of unlimited data to stay connected, always. I also got 75 texts in there as well. This set me back only 480 PHP ($14 CDN).
- Getting Around
I don’t have a lot of experience taking public transportation. I recommend using Uber or GrabCar – convenient, reliable, safe, and cost effective.
- Private Transportation
We hired a private SUV and driver for 3000 PHP/day (10 hours) with overage fees of only 150 PHP. This included gas. My aunt arranged this, as she knew him from work. We always made sure that he was included with us in our meals. He is such a reliable and a safe driver, and we truly enjoyed our time with him! Message me to get his contact information!
Sightseeing/Places to Explore
- Luneta Park and Intramuros (historical significance)
- Greenbelt Mall (indoor shopping and beautiful outdoor landscapes)
- City of Dreams (casino, shopping, entertainment for all ages, and 5 star accomodations)
- New Life Church & Alabang Town Center
- Bonifacio Global City (BGC)
- Aristocrat Restaurant (Filipino, 3 stars)
- Benjarong at Dusit Thani Hotel (Thai, 5 stars)
- NIU by Vikings (International buffet, 4 stars)
- TWG Tea Salon & Boutique (Greenbelt 5, 4 stars)
- CanCham (Canadian Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines) Luncheon
- Ko Young-Jayme Family ** NEW POST!
Where do you recommend I try for my next visit to the Philippines? Connect with me or send me an e-mail at email@example.com with your suggestions!